- New York City’s Premier Three-Day Celebration Showcasing the Abundant History and Impact of African Americans Returns to Brooklyn, NY June 16-18.
- Participating Partners for the Juneteenth NY Celebration include Airbnb, Atlantic Terminal Mall, Black Restaurant Coalition, Brooklyn Nets, Brooklyn Navy Yard, The Drivers Cooperative, The Home Depot Foundation, Liberty Coca-Cola Beverages, New York Liberty, NY State of Health, PacSun and Visa
- Official Media Broadcast Partner is WABC-TV, the #1 Station in New York and the Most Watched Local Station in the Country
NEW YORK, June 5, 2023 (Newswire.com)
The 14th Annual Juneteenth NY Celebration – one of New York City’s premier and largest annual events commemorating the federally-recognized holiday – is quickly approaching for an exciting and action-packed three-day celebration, kicking off virtually and in-person on Friday, June 16th through June 18th from the epicenter of Black culture and community in Brooklyn, NY.
Juneteenth NY Celebration 2023 is proud to announce their exciting partners and sponsors, both nationally and locally recognized brands, who join in solidarity for the continued efforts to bring awareness and visibility to such an important holiday for Black culture. Juneteenth NY organizers and board would like to thank New York City Mayor Eric L. Adams and his Community Affairs Unit for their assistance and partnership this year. For the entire weekend, transportation to and from all events will be sponsored by our exclusive transportation partner, The Drivers Cooperative (download the app here). Additionally, the Black Restaurant Coalition will be providing food and beverage specials all weekend with special pricing to commemorate the Juneteenth holiday. As previously announced, the official media broadcast partner for the Juneteenth NY Celebration is WABC-TV, the #1 station in New York and the most-watched local station in the country, which includes station-wide media coverage on linear, digital and social platforms.
The Juneteenth NY Celebration was created to empower the Black community, advance the economic and cultural arts in underserved areas, as well as champion small, Black-owned businesses. And this year’s sponsors are continuing to enhance the work being done in and around the Black communities in the area and throughout the country. Attendees of the festive three-day celebration will experience the best in Black culture and community with live performances, exhibitions, authentic local cuisine, wellness and other family fun activities. Over the past 14 years, Juneteenth NY has grown and expanded exponentially from a local gathering to a nationally recognized event with this year’s attendees expected to reach over 37,000+.
2023 Juneteenth NY Schedule of Events: Friday, June 16th (Day 1)
● Juneteenth NY Celebration will begin the three-day festivities with a free virtual summit from 9am-6pm with topics and conversations from world-class leaders ranging from education and entertainment to healthcare and financial literacy. To register for the free virtual summit, please visit here.
● The Celebration of Black Kings Awards Reception, a private event, will be held at the illustrious Brooklyn Navy Yard. During the annual celebration, Juneteenth NY will honor 28 influential male leaders that have made a significant impact in the New York community through their personal and professional endeavors. Hosted by WABC-7 Anthony Johnson, the signature event will feature honorees, musical performances and much more. The Celebration of Black Kings Awards Reception tickets are 2 for $125, please visit here to purchase tickets. All proceeds will go toward the Destiny Helpers Outreach Inc.
Saturday, June 17th (Day 2)
● The annual Juneteenth Family Fun Day Festival is on Saturday at Linden Park/Gershwin Park in Brooklyn, NY, where locals to the NYC community will gather to enjoy a vibrant day of rich culture through music, dance, poetry, skits, local vendors and fun for the entire family! Our official sports partners, the Brooklyn Nets and New York Liberty, will provide kids’ basketball clinics and include performances from their professional dance teams. To register for the Family Fun Day, please visit here.
Sunday, June 18th (Day 3)
● On Sunday, the free Grand Finale Rally and Concert will begin at 9am at the Grand Army Plaza entrance of Prospect Park in Brooklyn, NY, where community members, local businesspeople and more will march towards the main stage with a local marching band to deliver engaging speeches, including New York City Council Member Farah N. Louis and Jump-In Enrichment as well as Sean Williams, CEO of Dad Gang. Juneteenth NY Concert will start at 12pm at the Nethermead area. An anticipated 15,000+ attendees will enjoy musical performances, a fashion show, food trucks, field day and so much more family fun. To register for the Family Fun Day, please visit here.
Connect with us on Instagram: @JuneteenthNY; TikTok: @JuneteenthNY; Facebook: Juneteenth Family Day
For those interested in sponsoring Juneteenth NYC, please email [email protected].
Juneteenth – also known as “Juneteenth Independence Day” or “Freedom Day” – is a holiday that commemorates the June 19, 1865, announcement of the abolition of slavery in Galveston, Texas, and, more generally, the emancipation of African American slaves throughout the Confederate South. The state official celebration is generally celebrated on June 19th and is now recognized as a national holiday. Juneteenth symbolically serves as a reference point from which to measure and appreciate the progress and contributions made by African Americans to society.
About Juneteenth NY Celebration
Now in its 14th year, the Juneteenth NY Celebration is one of the longest-running events commemorating Juneteenth and the preeminent celebration of the holiday in the Tri-State area. Located in Brooklyn, the first Juneteenth NY Celebration was held in East New York and hosted by George Walker Jr. in 2009 with Umoja Events entrusted to carry on the Celebration in 2011. The Celebration was designed to celebrate and empower the Black community. Each year features a theme that seeks to educate the Black community on its history while also changing the narrative of the devastating impact of slavery.
About WABC-TV New York
WABC-TV has been the leader in local news and entertainment programming in the New York City area for more than 61 years. Producing more than 45 hours of live, local news and weather each week, Channel 7 “Eyewitness News” is the most-watched local news in New York and the United States. WABC-TV also produces “Live with Kelly and Ryan,” weekdays at 9:00 a.m., which is seen in more than 200 markets across the U.S. Quality news and programming, cutting-edge technology and ongoing community outreach are the hallmarks of excellence that have consistently kept WABC-TV New York’s No. 1 station and the most-watched television station in the nation.
Instagram: @ABC7NY; Twitter: @ABC7NY; Facebook: ABC7NY
NEW YORK, June 5, 2023 (Newswire.com)
Free Country, a leading outdoor apparel brand, is proud to announce its partnership with The Fresh Air Fund, a n…
The post Free Country Partners With The Fresh Air Fund to Celebrate National Great Outdoors Month first appeared on RSVTV news.
Safety Training Seminars, an official American Heart Association© (AHA) Training Center in California, has opened a new training center in Santa Cruz, CA. The new location builds on Safety Training Seminars’ reputation of offering flexible, affordable certification paths in CPR, BLS, ACLS, and PALS across California.
CPR Classes in Santa Cruz
BLS Renewal Courses in Santa Cruz, CA
SANTA CRUZ, Calif., June 5, 2023 (Newswire.com)
Safety Training Seminars, an official American Heart Association© (AHA) Training Center in California, has opened a new training center in Santa Cruz, CA. The Santa Cruz CPR training center is located at 1515 Capitola Road, Suite G, Santa Cruz, CA 95062. The location serves professionals in Santa Cruz, Soquel, & Watsonville seeking lifesaving training programs and offers a flexible schedule of daily classes to meet the needs of busy professionals.
Safety Training Seminars’ training programs in Santa Cruz include new and renewal certification courses in CPR, BLS, ACLS, and PALS. Each class offers a flexible blend of online learning components and on-site skills testing. All courses are AHA compliant and result in initial or renewal certification.
ACLS Renewal courses offer initial and renewal certification in Advanced Cardiovascular Life Support. Attendees learn about continuous, high-quality CPR and how to administer it correctly. The program is designed for professionals responding to cardiopulmonary arrest or other cardiovascular emergencies.
CPR & First-aid classes are designed for a wide variety of participants who may respond to emergencies, including teachers, babysitters, grandparents, supervisors, and others. Students learn proper CPR for infants, children, and adults. The courses lead to initial or renewal certification. The course covers choke saving, AED use, bleeding treatment, seizures, EpiPen® administration, burn treatment, and more.
BLS CPR Provider Heartcode courses are offered for new or renewal certification. They help attendees identify and respond to life-threatening emergencies, properly administer chest compressions, perform ventilation, and use AEDs.
PALS Courses are designed for those working in emergency response, emergency medicine, intensive care, and critical care units. Each course is designed to meet the criteria for initial or renewal certification. Pediatric Advanced Life Support courses help attendees recognize emergencies and administer lifesaving treatments in infants and children.
“An emergency situation can arise at any time, and our goal is to equip as many Californians as possible with the lifesaving skills and confidence to react when seconds count,” said Laura Seidel, owner of Safety Training Seminars.
Safety Training Seminars has provided crucial courses for certification and lifesaving training since 1989. The woman-owned company offers certification classes in CPR, First Aid, BLS, ACLS, PALS, NRP, and EMSA Childcare. With over 40 locations across Northern California, Safety Training Seminars provides affordable, flexible training in welcoming classrooms furnished with the most up-to-date training resources and equipment. To learn more about Safety Training Seminars and its locations across Northern California, visit www.bayareacpr.org.
The post Safety Training Seminars Opens a New CPR & First-Aid Training School in Santa Cruz, CA first appeared on RSVTV news.
Sustained acoustic medicine delivered by wearable ultrasound device and topical diclofenac patch reduced patients’ pain and improved clinical outcomes beyond traditional patient care.
TRUMBULL, Conn., June 5, 2023 (Newswire.com)
A new clinical study in the January Global Journal of Orthopedics Research shows that, for those who saw no improvement from physical therapy alone, ZetrOZ Systems‘ sustained acoustic medicine device (sam®), in combination with common topical diclofenac, reduces pain and restores health in patients with acute and chronic injuries to the shoulder, elbow, leg, and foot.
The study examined the results of long-duration sonophoresis (LDS) and the use of ultrasound to enhance the movement of medications into tissue, involving 135 patients at Yale-New Haven Health System and Sport and Orthopaedic Physical Therapy in Connecticut undergoing physical therapy for a variety of acute and chronic injuries and whose pain did not respond to physical therapy for four weeks or more.
Researchers found that patients in all age groups reported their pain decreased significantly and they felt healthier and more capable.
“Both the clinical research and daily patient real-world outcomes demonstrate that sam® helps people heal faster and improve the quality of their everyday lives,” said Dr. George Lewis, founder and CEO of ZetrOZ. “This new research shows another way that sam® with topical diclofenac can improve treatment for soft tissue injuries and other conditions, by activating healing for multiple hours each day.”
The new study involved sam® treatment in combination with the medication diclofenac, which together reduces inflammation and pain and is used to treat injuries to joints, muscles, and bones. Typically diclofenac can be taken orally or applied topically, but both methods can be problematic. Long-term use of oral diclofenac sodium can lead to gastrointestinal bleeding and other adverse effects while the effectiveness of topical diclofenac cream is limited because of the messy application and limited absorption.
However, recent studies have shown that using topical diclofenac in combination with continuous ultrasound can significantly increase its efficacy. The new study bears that out.
ZetrOZ’s sam® is a wearable ultrasound device that delivers continuous therapy for up to four hours. The long-duration ultrasound activates cellular proliferation and generates deep heat, convection, and vasodilation, which “potentially enhances the localized drug delivery,” the researchers said.
In the study, the sam® device with 2.5% diclofenac was applied to the shoulder, elbow, lower hamstring, and plantar fascia of the patients. The patients reported that the device was easy to use at home, and 100% of patients said they would be willing to keep using the device.
In addition, 98.5% of patients reported that the long-duration ultrasound improved musculoskeletal injury care. Before the study, patients reported an average pain score of 6.88 on a 10-point scale, indicating moderate to severe pain. After the treatment, patients reported that most of their pain had been eliminated, with a 4.44-point reduction to the original score.
Patients also were asked to assess how much their health had changed, on a scale of -7 (“a very great deal worse”) to 7 (“a very great deal better”). The average response was 4.85, indicating the patients perceived a significant health improvement.
Patients of all ages reported improved pain and health, with younger patients reporting the greatest benefits. The degree of improvement varied by type of injury but was positive and significant across all injuries, the researchers found.
“LDS may be easily integrated into patient care to reduce the pain and accelerate the healing process,” the researchers concluded. The study had a high treatment satisfaction rate, showing the ease of use of the at-home treatment option for patients.
ZetrOZ Systems’ sam® technology was developed in part with funding from the National Institute of Health, National Science Foundation, Department of Defense, and NASA. ZetrOZ Systems products are designed and manufactured in the United States and are protected by 46 U.S. patents.
To learn more, visit www.samrecover.com.
About ZetrOZ Systems
ZetrOZ Systems is leading healing innovations in sports medicine, developing wearable bioelectronic devices for the delivery of sustained acoustic medicine (sam®). Researched and funded by the federal government, ZetrOZ is built on the proprietary medical technology of +46 patents and is the exclusive manufacturer and developer of the sam® product line, which is designed for the treatment of acute and chronic musculoskeletal conditions.
SINGAPORE, June 5, 2023 (Newswire.com)
EveLab Insight, a leader in AI skin analysis, announces the preliminary findings from a collaborative study unde…
Kidoodle.TV, the Safe Streaming™ service, launches its “Summer Spotlight Series” on June 5 with co-viewing content that leans into crafts, magic, dance, and more.
CALGARY, Alberta, June 5, 2023 (Newswire.com)
In an effort to combat screen time concerns in many households during the summer break, Kidoodle.TV is bringing families its “Summer Spotlight” series. The Top Ten list will help kids and parents connect this summer with a best-in-class curation of content that is educational, entertaining, and craft-driven, providing interactive activities that offer great opportunities for families into summer.
“Kidoodle.TV has always put families first,” said Brenda Bisner, Chief Content Officer at A Parent Media Co., Inc., the owners of the Safe Streaming service for kids and families globally. “Every single second of content is reviewed by real humans, and this offering for our “Summer Spotlight” series will showcase some great co-viewing favorites that are fun for everyone and give experiential ways to learn and play together as a family.”
As part of the “Summer Spotlight” series this year, we feature “Happy Camper Live,” the wildly popular show that comes to us direct from a great real-life camp, allowing for kids and families to experience summer camp from their home, with counselors teaching arts and crafts, sports and fun and games to kids.
“We are thrilled to introduce Happy Camper Live’s series: 365 Days of Camp, bringing the classic summer camp experience directly to families worldwide through KidoodleTV,” says Allison Miller, founder of HappyCamperLive.com. “It’s an honor to be included in the Summer Spotlight.” With real counselors and coaches, kids can experience hundreds of activities like arts and crafts, sports, magic, cooking, theater and much more from anywhere.
Miller brings her 25-year veteran camp director experience and passion to this new series, providing kids with the opportunity to explore and develop their passions through the fun and creativity of summer camp throughout the year.
Happy Camper Live and the whole Summer Spotlight series will launch on Kidoodle.TV’s FAST channels and as a category on its streaming service on June 5.
Kidoodle’s Top Ten Summer Shows include:
- Happy Camper Live: 365 Days of Camp – Bringing the magic of summer camp right to you, this show offers hundreds of activities to try and helps kids feel what it’s like to go to camp with friends.
- 5-Minute Crafts – Every episode of 5-minute Crafts provides dozens of helpful ideas for craft projects that empower families to solve everyday problems with creative, simple solutions.
- GrooveOn1 – GrooveOn1 is a dance show that lets you learn new dance moves, or just sit back and enjoy. Let Ryan, Taylor and Reese walk you through the steps of urban dance styles, and then join in with them!
- Junk Drawer Magic – Fun co-hosts Akira and Walker teach you how to make and perform amazing magic tricks with just the ordinary objects you find in that kitchen junk drawer.
- Life Hacks for Kids – Kids teach kids how to use ordinary things you have at home to decorate a room, make old clothes new again, and much more in this clever, crafty show.
- Danny Go! – With a mix of music, silliness and learning, this show helps children become confident in their creativity.
- KIDZ BOP – KIDZ BOP, the biggest name in pop music for kids, features today’s biggest hits “sung by kids for kids” in short videos that will get kids and parents up and dancing and singing along.
- The Great Wolf Pack – This group of animated forest friends is always ready to help those in need, no matter how swampy, snowy, or scary the adventures become.
- Guinness World Records – With this series of short videos, let certified world record holders teach you how to do fun tricks, from yo-yos to juggling to bottle-flipping and more.
- ChefClub Kids – Help your kids learn to love cooking with a show about experimenting with new flavors, and making yummy foods.
Kidoodle.TV is available in more than 160 countries and territories and is accessible on more than 1,000 devices. Kidoodle.TV does not collect any personally identifiable information from any child and is a recipient of the kidSAFE+ COPPA Seal. Kidoodle.TV is the winner of the Mom’s Choice Award, Parent Tested, Parent Approved Award, Best Mobile App Award, and Stevie Award (Family & Kids category).
Join the Kidoodle.TV Safe Streaming™ family on kidoodle.tv, or download the app and start watching for free today.
About APMC and Kidoodle.TV®
Kidoodle.TV® is a family-focused Safe Streaming™ service committed to ensuring children have a safe alternative to stream their favorite TV shows and movies. Available in over 160 countries and territories on thousands of connected devices, Kidoodle.TV provides peace of mind with every show available on Kidoodle.TV strictly vetted by caring people committed to Safe and Free Streaming for Kids™. Kidoodle.TV is available on iOS, Android, Apple TV, Fire TV, LG, Samsung, VIDAA-enabled Hisense TVs, Chromecast, Roku, Vizio SmartCast, Amazon, Jio, Xfinity X1, Connected TVs, HTML5 Web, and many other streaming media devices. Kidoodle.TV is owned and operated by A Parent Media Co. Inc., a family-based company. Kidoodle.TV is certified by the kidSAFE® Seal Program and is the proud recipient of the Mom’s Choice Award®, a Stevie® Award, platinum winner of the Best Mobile App Award, and Parents’ Picks Award – Best Elementary Products. Visit www.kidoodle.tv to learn more. *Content availability varies by location.