Next week I am hosting my Teaching History With Technology course on PracticalEdTech.com. That five week course covers seventeen concepts for infusing technology into social studies lessons. Those core concepts are outlined below.
- Using technology to help students analyze historical/ primary source documents.
- Making artifacts interactive.
- Hosting online history discussions
- The importance of structure and expectations.
- Using audio in history lessons
- Recording history with students
- Hearing history
- Creating multimedia timelines with students.
- Simple to complex options for every grade level.
- Creating multimedia maps
- Search Strategies for History Students
- Saving and sharing search results.
- Google Maps and Earth are not your only options.
- Creating videos and teaching with video.
- Making and using virtual tours.
- Virtual Reality tours.
- Augmented Reality tours.
- Ten Lessons in Teaching History With Technology
- Two Online PD Courses Starting Next Week
- 8 Tools for Making Multimedia Timelines